Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rest In Peace to the False Starts, Lost Souls & Broken Hearts


Rest in peace...to the false starts, lost souls and broken hearts...
Abandoned, stranded, underhanded, beaten, put out, cursed...
Between life and death...life was worst and now we watch your hearse...
Abused, confused, misused, so many issues,
Maybe we had a clue but now...we miss you...
You smiled, laughed, said "I'm fine", who knew you were lying?
Words unsaid? Things not did? Regret, can’t forget...
False starts: crack baby, mother’s in jail, father's?
Lost souls: hungry stomachs, shoeless feet, no knowledge or no money for that college, it's the block or the pole, the glock or the stroll, jail then hell, destined to fail...
Broken hearts: where do I start? The motherless child? The woman in denial? The poor man with just a plan? Girls pretending to be women? Boys who know no men?
Disrupted homes, cracked bones…Black and blue, who's true? Red and white, what's right?
Rest in peace to the false starts, lost souls and broken hearts, I feel your pain.
I am one of you, I am all of you. I tell my story.
And they tell me feel blessed, I made it through but I'm like “through what?!”
They have no clue that I'm still going through or how much I'd like to join you, to rest in peace, be done with this beast...
Rest in peace, wish I was with you but I don't have the strength to give up and give in…
Life is short but sometimes not short enough…I'm waiting…
Dying inside, wondering when will it end?
But until then, rest in peace to the false starts, lost souls and broken hearts...

-Sincerest, Symone

No comments:

Post a Comment